World No 1 needs an opportunity to win one more title in Melbourne.

Serb says occasions this year were 'absolutely surprising'

Tennis world No 1 Novak Djokovic said he has incomplete business at the Olympics and will weapon for gold at Paris 2024, adding that he is quick to get back to Australia notwithstanding his extradition this year.

Djokovic's mission for an Olympic gold in Tokyo finished in a semi-last loss to Germany's Alexander Zverev, defacing a generally heavenly 2021 in which he won the initial three Grand Slams and arrived at the last of the fourth.

A day after his misfortune to Zverev, he went down to Spain's Pablo CarreƱo Busta in the bronze award match to return with essentially nothing from Japan.

"An Olympic decoration, particularly gold, is consistently a major wish," the 34-year-old told Radio Television of Serbia in front of his re-visitation of cutthroat activity one week from now. "Sadly, I didn't get an opportunity to battle for it before. I intend to be in Paris in 2024.

"I rewound my coordinate with Zverev in Tokyo commonly, attempting to sort out what turned out badly. I played eminently up to that point, however I believed I was barely scraping by, both intellectually and truly."

Last month following a 11-day rollercoaster including two visa abrogations, two court difficulties and five evenings in two spells at a movement confinement inn, the unvaccinated Djokovic was ousted just before the Australian Open.

It denied him the opportunity to win a record-broadening tenth Australian Open and a men's record 21st Grand Slam title.

"I will constantly recall every one of the decent things that have happened to me in Melbourne," he said. "Regardless of this, I have an extraordinary association with Australia. Results that I have had in Melbourne in the past show you how I feel when I go there.

"All that has happened for this present year was absolutely surprising. It will be difficult to neglect, yet I need to return to Australia later on and to play at the Rod Laver Arena once more."

Djokovic said in a meeting this week that he is ready to miss Grand Slams and different competitions as opposed to having a Covid-19 inoculation, yet added that he was not an enemy of vaxxer and has an "receptive outlook" for future.

Djokovic will begin his 2022 season at the following week's ATP 500 Dubai Tennis Championships. He told journalists in Dubai, where guests are not expected to be inoculated, that he has missed tennis.

"All that has happened will influence my return in Dubai," he told Serbia's state TV.